This morning, you were emphatic that your oakmeal was too hot.
No. Not a typo. This is how you say “oatmeal.”
And you get really upset if we try to correct you.
There are a series of words that I will be sad to see disappear as you get older.
- Boo Boo Hat (Band-aid)
- Acewyn (your name when you introduce yourself to friends)
- Runnnnnnniiiiiiinggggggg (this one has gone extinct. You just say “running” like a normal person now.)
- Erf (as in, Earth to Daddy!)
- Wuv (Captain Wuv)
- Cah (though, you DO live in Boston, so you might always pronounce car in this manner.)
- Puppy (though not because you pronounce her name in a funny manner. You have her with you wherever you go and someday, that won’t be the case. You’ll be fine. I’ll be a wreck.)
So when you’re 14, please don’t roll your eyes at me when I ask if you need a boo-boo hat.